The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers (specifically your Instagram username)
- Your instagram user id
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Your instagram user id is passed to us when you first engage with our Instagram page or send us a message.
We use your user id to fetch your Instagram public profile information.
We need your user id so we can send replies to your messages. We use your public profile information to personalise your experience. For example, we may greet you by your Instagram name.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information is your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at email@example.com
How we store your information
For the purposes of this Instagram demo chatbot, your information is NOT stored. It is used solely for the duration of your session. Your session expires 30 minutes after your last engagement with us, your data is therefore destroyed at this time.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://ico.org.uk